Salam... Here am I, writing again. Just now I was asked by my brother for Lontong recipe. Actually about an hour after this (8.30pm) I'm going to a dinner for my friend that will be transfer starting next week to Sg Petani, Kedah. It has been very busy for me this few days, and many to comes.
Lontong Johore Special
Part A: Nasi Impit
Part B : Kuah Lodeh (serve for 6 to 8 person)
2 Coconut milk
10 Cloves of Garlic
3 Inches of Ginger
1 Inches of Tumeric
200 gm of Dried Shrimps of Anchovies
4 pcs of Fresh Tofu
4 pcs of Dried Tofu Sheets
200 gm of Suhun
300 gm of Long Bean
2 whole Carrots
¼ of Cabbage
1. Heat coconut milk with 5 cups of water in a pot.
2. Blend onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric and half of the dried shrimp or you can pound it finely.
3. Add the mixture into the pot.
4. Cut all vegetables in cubes or any shapes desires.
5. Add into the pot.
6. Add salt to taste.
7. Leave to boil.
8. Add suhun, tofu, dried tofu and long beans. Leave for 5 minutes.
9. Ready to serve.
Feel free to add others vegetables that you like such as cauliflower, baby corns, bamboo shoots or any.
Part C: Kuah Kacang
½ kg of Ground Nut (fried and pound)
¼ kg of Dried Chilies (boil and blend)
8 cloves of Garlic
1 inch of Ginger
1 inch of Tumeric
2 pcs of Lemongrass (serai)
2 inch of Galangal (lengkuas)
3 spoons of Kerisik
2 cup of Tamarind Juice (asam jawa)
Salt and sugar to taste
1. Blend dried chilies, onions, garlic, ginger, turmeric, galangal, lemongrass until fine.
2. Heat some oil.
3. Sauté the mixture until cook (pecah minyak)
4. Add ground nut, tamarind juice and leave to boil.
5. Add more water if the texture is too thick.
6. Add salt and sugar to taste.
7. Lastly add kerisik and leave to boil.
To serve, add boil eggs per serving to enrich the taste.
So, that’s it. Hope too try and loving it.
Lontong Johor hidangan istimewa,
Hidangan utama di Aidilfitri,
Insaf dan syukur pada yang Esa,
Syawal mulia indah berseri.